First Emulsion Lift

March 1, 2018

This is something I have wanted to try for a long while. I follow a few accounts that post nothing but beautiful emulsion lifts, but I was never certain if this was something I could do myself. It wasn't until I saw a story, posted by Polaroid, where they were showing how easy it was to do! So I thought I'd give it a try. I found a Polaroid that I was willing to cut up and began experimenting.

 

For this project you will need: at least one tray of warm water, soft brushes, scissors and watercolor paper.

Disclaimer! This is my DIY and I am experimenting!

(I may or may not know what I am doing!)

 

First, I cut off the frame and removed the backside of the Polaroid.

 I then submerged the image into a dish of warm water and gently brushed the image with a soft paintbrush. There is a white film on the back of the emulsion that needs to soak off. 

After a few minutes the emulsion began to lift from the plastic screen. I gently worked the emulsion off of the plastic frame and removed the plastic from the dish.

 

I grabbed a piece of pre-cut watercolor paper and worked the emulsion onto its surface. Once it was centered, to my taste, I removed it and let it dry completely.

 

Here is the finished product!

I love the imperfections.

 

Click HERE to see the rest of my Emulsion Lifts!

 

 

 

 

Please reload

categories
Please reload

featured posts

Polaroid Manipulation

March 14, 2019

1/10
Please reload

recent posts

February 14, 2020

March 14, 2019

Please reload

questions & comments

Selena's La-La-Land

handmade with love

© 2014 by Selena. Proudly created with Wix.com

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now